New Version 22.06: Glaxnimate
Jun 23, 2022
Version 22.06.23 is now available for DOWNLOAD!
Glaxnimate is a 2D vector drawing and animation program that is now integrated
and bundled with Shotcut:
- Added support for reading Lottie and rawr JSON animation formats as a clip.
- Added Open Other > Animation to make a new drawing or animation.
- Added a Mask: Draw (Glaxnimate) video filter.
- Preview the Shotcut timeline within Glaxnimate.
- Known issues:
- Preview on macOS may stop working due to out-of-resources until reboot.
- Some Lottie animations make export fail. The one that I have a problem with shows warnings upon opening in Glaxnimate.
- See also Glaxnimate’s bug tracker
- Tutorial videos:
More New Stuff
- Added Timeline > menu > More > Align To Reference Track to synchronize clips based on similar audio.
See its documentation.
- Added support for Keyframes to the following audio filters:
- Low Pass
- High Pass
- Added keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+A to select all clips on the current track.
(option+command+A on macOS)
- Added an options dialog to File > Export > Markers as Chapters to exclude colors or include range markers.
- Added Edit… to Timeline > Output > Properties.
- Added support for fractional display scale (125%, 150%, 175%) on Windows.
- Fixed Text: Rich does not export the same as preview on system with fractional display scale on Windows.
- Fixed Record Audio and Open Other > Audio/Video Device crashing on macOS due to insufficient entitlements.
- Fixed Time Remap > Image mode > Blend not working.
- Fixed a crash combining two Size, Position & Rotate filters with a mask filter on a square video mode.
- Fixed a possible crash with an odd width video.
- Fixed dragging a clip leftward beyond other clips with Timeline > Ripple turned on.
- Fixed changing the color of a color clip resets a custom name.
- Fixed changing Properties > Speed drops a Crop: Source filter if added.
- Fixed prompting for a duration and possibly a crash when dragging non-seekable files to Playlist.
- Fixed filters on a clip are removed when Undo after a change to Properties.
- Fixed File > Export > Markers as Chapters incorrect text encoding resulting in corrupt unicode characters.
- Fixed video track blending may be broken after moving a track.
- Fixed repairing a project with Settings > Proxy > Use Proxy on saves proxy file paths into repaired project file.
- Fixed Ripple Markers not working with ripple trimming.
- Fixed trimming a clip on timeline may change the length of a neighboring clip.
- Converted the build system from qmake to CMake (qmake is removed).
- The minimum glibc version for the Linux portable, AppImage, and Snap is now 64-bit glibc version 2.31:
Mint 20+, Ubuntu/Pop!_OS 20.04+, Debian 11+, Fedora 32+, Manjaro 20+, MX Linux 21+
New Version 22.04
Apr 25, 2022
Version 22.04.25 is now available for DOWNLOAD!
This version is simply a collection of several fixes:
- Fixed Open Other > Audio/Video Device and Timeline > Record Audio not working on macOS.
- Fixed Open Other > Color Bars not appearing on macOS.
- Fixed Filters > Paste filters for some filters (broke in v22.03.30):
- Normalize: Two Pass
- Chroma Key: Simple
- Crop: Source
- Mask: Apply
- Time Remap
- Fixed Export > Color range > Full if resolution or frame rate were changed.
- Fixed Export > Codec > Rate contol > Quality-based VBR with videotoolbox_hevc on macOS.
- Fixed changing Export > Format does not suggest a file name extension.
- Fixed keyframes for Corner Pin video filter.
- Fixed keyframes for Rotate parameter of the Size, Position & Rotate video filter after trimming the clip.
- Fixed Size, Position & Rotate video filter UI incorrect for non-square pixels.
- Fixed running Analyze more than once in Normalize: Two Pass audio filter.
- Added Detected Loudness and Normalization Gain status fields to Normalize: Two Pass audio filter.
New Version 22.03: Notes & Voiceover
Mar 30, 2022
Version 22.03.30 is now available for DOWNLOAD!
Notes and Voiceover
Use the new Notes panel to keep notes about your project or hold text to read for a voiceover that you can record
directly to the timeline with the new Record Audio button on the timeline toolbar!
= a Notes panel in the View menu and main toolbar
- keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+3 (shift+command+3 on macOS).
= a Record Audio button on the Timeline toolbar:
- It chooses an audio device based on either first found or last used in Audio/Video Device.
- It uses the current track if it is audio and not empty at the playhead and beyond.
Otherwise, it adds an audio track.
- It does not prompt for a save file name when a project folder has been established.
- Stop recording by clicking the button again.
More New Stuff
- Added track reordering by drag-n-drop a track header and the Timeline menu:
- Move Track Up: Alt+Shift+Up (shift+option+up on macOS)
- Move Track Down: Alt+shift+Down (shift+option+down on macOS)
- Added Export > Advanced > Video > Color range.
- Added Convert to Edit-friendly when opening a HDV video file.
- Added audio filter Stereo Enhancer.
- Added tooltips to Timeline clips.
- Added Markers > menu > Add Markers Around Selected Clips with keyboard shortcut Alt+M (option+M on macOS).
- Added an option to the Windows installer to register the
.mlt filename extension to open with Shotcut.
melt command line tool to no longer be locale-sensitive by default.
- Changed Q in Equalizer: Parametric to Bandwidth in octaves.
- Changed background capture jobs to use a high process priority.
- Changed Paste Filters to not paste a clip-only filter onto a track.
- Changed Paste Filters to not paste a filter that can only be added once.
- Removed Timeline > Copy Timeline to Source (use Markers instead).
- Restored the Use Higher Performance Waveforms option in the Timeline menu.
- Stop showing the Convert to Edit-Friendly dialog when opening a HLG HDR video.
- Upgraded libraries:
- FFmpeg 5.0
- MLT 7.6.0
- frei0r 1.8.0
- Rubberband 2.0.2
- VMAF 2.3.0
- Qt 5.15.2 for Intel macOS - macOS 10.14 is now the minimum macOS version.
- Improved A/V synchronization in Properties > Reverse.
- Improved webcam/video-device capture on macOS.
- Improved the accuracy of View > Scopes > Audio Peak Meter.
- Improved speed of Old Film: Projector video filter.
- Added multi-threading (to improved speed) of some video filters:
- Blur: Box
- Blur: Gaussian
- Color Grading
- Invert Colors
- Mask: From File
- Old Film: Grain
- Old Film: Scratches
- Old Film: Technocolor
- Spot Remover
- Added multi-threading for all implicit video scaling including Settings > Preview Scaling.
- Fixed Properties > Audio > Sync not showing change after reloading properties (broke in v22.01).
- Fixed Position and Size in Crop: Rectangle video filter may become read-only (broke in v22.01).
- Fixed changing Properties > Speed may overwrite and does not honor Ripple mode.
- Fixed converting full color range 10-bit video to limited MPEG range.
- Fixed very choppy playback with certain weird or unreduced-fraction framerates.
- Fixed Video Mode > Automatic when using a webcam/video-device input.
- Fixed Gradient video filter when a color alpha value is not fully opaque.
- Fixed marker duration may change when dragging to change its starting time.
- Fixed Size, Position & Rotate > Zoom may change when changing the player zoom level.
- Fixed accidentally changing an unmodified clip-only project by opening a new media file.
- Fixed a transition may show “INVALID” after you undo removing it.
- Fixed Presets for the Equalizer: 3-Band audio filter not working.
- Fixed Blur: Box filter creates darker edges.
- Fixed Reduce Noise: Quantization video filter overwrites alpha chnanel.
New Version 22.01: Equalizers
Jan 30, 2022
Version 22.01.30 is now available for DOWNLOAD!
3 New Equalizers!
- Added an Equalizer: 15-band (graphic) audio filter.
- Added an Equalizer: 3-Band (Bass & Treble) audio filter.
(Removed the old Bass & Treble audio filter.)
- Added an Equalizer: Parametric audio filter.
More New Stuff
- Added Segments parameter to the following video filters:
- Audio Level Visualization
- Audio Spectrum Visualization
- Audio Waveform Visualization
- Added Settings > Job Priority to the main menu with a Normal option to improve performance on Intel 12th
generation CPUs with E-cores. Low priority is the default as it has always been and is generally recommended.
- Added Wayland compatibility to Flatpak for Linux.
- Reduced audio distortion in Properties > Reverse for the best/MKV option.
- Removed Use Higher Performance Waveforms (default is on but still in configuration).
- Added a warning dialog when trying to use simple keyframes when advanced keyframes are being used.
- Changed to remove full keyframes when switching to simple keyframes.
- Added a warning dialog when trying to use advanced keyframes when simple keyframes are being used.
- Changed to convert simple keyframes to advanced keyframes.
- Changed tooltips on the Timeline and Keyframes toolbar to simplify and remove shortcuts from translated strings.
- Improved compatibility of VA-API hardware encoding on Linux, particularly on Wayland.
- Updated AV1, VP8, and VP9 encoders to latest releases.
- Updated Rubberband (audio pitch library) to latest release.
- Fixed the appearance of Shotcut’s description in Windows Task Manager (broke in v21.12).
- Fixed filters when Export > From is Source or Each Playlist Item (broke in v21.05).
- Fixed File > Export > Markers as Chapters if project contains transitions.
- Fixed a possible crash moving clip inside blank on same track.
- Fixed a crash when dropping a
.mlt MLX XML file from a file manager to Playlist and then Timeline.
- Fixed a crash on undo insert/overwrite after undo add transition.
- Fixed Hold undo in Noise Gate audio filter.
- Fixed audio mutes after setting an in or out point when playing not 1x forward in Source.
- Fixed the Segment Gap goes to zero when reloading an Audio Spectrum Visualization filter.
- Fixed Mask: Simple Shape > Rotate not working in presets.
- Fixed page up/down incorrect when Current position (timecode) spin box has focus.
- Fixed extra blanks being removed when drag moving a clip right with Ripple turned on.
- Fixed paths to additional files used by some filters not saved as relative on Windows.
- Fixed tiny clips created when trimming on the Timeline with Ripple All Tracks turned on.
- Fixed removing simple keyframes.
- Fixed the Text: Rich video filter shows the editor when playhead is not over selected clip.
- Fixed Properties > Menu > Measure Video Quality (VMAF) not working on Windows.
- Fixed a possible crash in Glitch video filter.
- Fixed a crash changing Properties > Video > Rotation when the clip has a transition.
- Fixed the Mask: From File video filter’s Reverse option not working as intended.
- Fixed broadcast standard non-integer frame rates (e.g. 30000/1001) for Matrosk and WebM files.
- Fixed a bad job percentage complete when making a proxy or running a convert job on a GoPro video file.
New Version 21.12: Something For Nothing
Dec 11, 2021
Version 21.12.24 is now available for DOWNLOAD!
More For Markers
- Added View > Markers panel with search, seeking, and editing (Ctrl+Shift+6, shift+command+6 on macOS).
- Added File > Export > Markers as Chapters…:
This outputs in the format used to make chapters for YouTube!
IMPORTANT NOTE: only markers with a duration of 1 frame (default) are exported as chapters.
- Added previously used colors to the marker context menu.
- Added keyboard shortcuts < and > to seek between markers.
- Added snapping for markers - dragging clips or their edges snaps to markers and dragging markers snaps to clip edges or playhead.
- Added a Ripple markers with edits button to the Timeline toolbar (Alt+R, option+R on macOS)
- Fixed delete marker keyboard shortcut may delete wrong marker.
- Fixed Export > From > Marker may export from wrong region marker.
More New Stuff
- Added Properties > Rotation for video clips to override orientation by some multiple of 90 degrees.
- Added support for keyframes to the Hue/Lightness/Saturation and Chroma Hold video filters.
- Added video filter Audio Level Visualization.
- Added segmented bar type of display to the Audio Spectrum Visualization filter.
- Updated MLT engine to version 7.4.0 (required for added keyframe support in some filters above).
- Added a file save dialog upon repairing a project file to prevent overwriting a previous repair.
- Removed some harmless error messages in logs.
- Changed Properties > Audio > Sync to hide when it is not applicable (no video track in the clip).
- Changed the units of the Hue parameter in the Hue/Lightness/Saturation video filter to degrees.
- Changed Detach Audio to separate the audio and video filters.
- Improved the accuracy of bubble help when trimming in Timeline and Keyframes.
- Improved the accuracy and snap reliability of the 10 and 20-pixel grid player overlays.
- Improved various mouse and keyboard operations in Timeline and Keyframes.
- Improved the VMAF speed and accuracy of the Properties > Measure Video Quality….
- Fixed Timeline > menu > Track Operations > Insert Track breaks video track blending (broke in v21.10).
- Fixed copy and paste multiple clips from another project can change the video mode (broke in v21.10).
- Fixed Open Other > Audio/Video Device capture (broke in v21.10).
- Fixed a crash when changing Properties of Audio/Video Device.
- Fixed a crash in Old Film: Projector video filter with 360p preview scaling.
- Fixed a possible crash in the Mosaic video filter when width or height is 0.
- Fixed the output alpha channel of Timeline with more than one video track (thanks @andre-caldas!).
- Fixed the Time Remap video filter distorts audio when the speed is zero and resampling.
- Fixed the color range of LUT (3D) video filter on transitons with full range clips.
- Fixed a possible crash in Audio Loudness scope.
- Fixed window is initially all white and a small white window appears on startup on Windows.
- Fixed unwanted keyframes appear in Corner Pin video filter when trimming in.
- Fixed ugly pink video - not black background - after undo a remove/ripple-delete operation.
- Fixed keyframes can sometimes be dragged before previous or after next.
- Fixed double-clicking a keyframe does not delete it.
- Fixed incorrect filter parameter values after the last keyframe after a Split operation.
- Fixed a crash pasting from the clipboard to an empty timeline.
- Fixed inaccurate frame rate override with many decimal places in Properties > Convert > Advanced.
- Fixed incorrect colors when reloading the Audio Spectrum Visualization filter UI.
- Fixed being able to select the last filter when there are many Filters applied.
- Fixed audio was muted after changing view layout or window size when playback speed is fast forward or rewind.